Let me clear the air right now:
I am technically...not a legit SAHM (stay at home mom).
There. I said it.
I'm what you would call a sorta kinda stay at home mom. According to the Pew Research Center In 2016, 18% of parents did not work outside of the home. This does not mean you didn't work, you just did not work outside of your home.
I fall somewhere between the mom who stays home for the kids and the one who does actually work outside of the home from time to time.
Having five children, and triple that in bills, my husband and I have found some ways (some better than others) to bring in more income while still being fully (maybe not mentally 100% of the time) available to our children.
Here are (5) ways I do that:
- I have a part-time job outside of my home doing something that I love and (if I say so myself) I am good at. I am super fortunate to be able to work less than 10-12 hours a week with this job with hours that work for me. I even knock out some of these hours out online during nap time. *Are there any part-time jobs available in your community that you can work during your spare time (i.e. kids are at school, napping, weekends, overnight, etc.)?
- I teach English to Chinese children! As a homeschool mom, this opportunity literally fit perfectly for me AND actually helps me prepare tasks for my own kids when I teach them!! For more information about one way you can do that: CLICK HERE!
- Yes, I own a MLM franchise! If you know anything about multi-level marketing franchises, you know the bad rep it can sometimes get. I have owned a few different MLM franchises over the years (those darn parties get me every single time!) and I can say this: -Is it something you would actually do and like doing? -Is it something that financially makes sense at all? - Is it something you can actually stand behind because you absolutely love it? For more information about how I make residual income (with some hard work of course) with my mlm franchise: CLICK HERE!!
- I use apps that give cash back for where I already shop or activities I already do such as grocery shopping, driving safe, etc. In the past I would do quizzes and games but honestly, I do not have time to spend that kind of time on my phone to make $4 a month....
- My husband is the one with a "full time" job and business. Another way I make extra money in our home is by spending the money he makes wisely and saving it. That sounds cliché but it is the truth. If I normally spend $60 a month on co-op pizza days, spending $25 that month instead on sandwiches and fruit from home "makes us" extra money in the bank.
Hopefully one of my 5 ways above will encourage you and get you thinking of ways you can make extra money for your family! Do you have some other ways you currently make extra money in your home? Share it with us in the comments!!